Cream Cheese Macadamia Cookies
With their cake-like texture and subtle orange flavor, these tender drop cookies are sure to liven up holiday tea parties and luncheons. They also make great gifts for loved ones and tasty treats to have on hand throughout the season.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted macadamia nuts or almonds
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar, orange zest and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder. Gradually add to the creamed mixture; mix well. Fold in nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly with a greased glass. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Editor's Note: If using unsalted macadamia nuts, add 1/4 teaspoon salt to the dough.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 173 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Macadamia Cookies in Country Woman Christmas 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.