Cream Cheese Lime Pie
The shortbread cookie crust and lime filling are delicious changes from the typical lemon pie. You can substitute graham cracker crumbs for the cookie crumbs.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups shortbread cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- LIME FILLING:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 3 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Green liquid food coloring, optional
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until crust just begins to brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- For lime filling, combine the sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt in a saucepan. Stir in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount for hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in butter, lime zest and food coloring if desired. Gently stir in lime juice. Cool to room temperature without stirring.
- For cream cheese filling, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and lime juice in a small bowl until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread evenly in crust; top with lime filling. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 633 calories, 33g fat (15g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 475mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Lime Pie in Taste of Home's Complete Guide to Baking
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.