- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Beat the pumpkin, sugar, eggs and oil in a large bowl. Combine biscuit mix and cinnamon; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins.
- Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews forCream Cheese Frosted Pumpkin Bars
"This recipe is simply delicious, as promised. I made it for the first time for a party and it didn't let me down. (Those are raisins, not chocolate chips you see in the photo, by the way.) I plan to make it again for a Thanksgiving potluck. The texture is perfect and the flavor just right. And with cream cheese frosting, you can't go wrong!"
"Love this recipe! The photo seems to show that there are chocolate chips in it? The recipe I used from here was perfect the way it read."
"I thought the flavor was very good...I wasn't looking for a pumpkin pie bar so the spices for me were perfect as written. Great with coffee or tea."
"This looked so good in the picture and a disappointment when consumed. The problem is thee is only cinnamon in the ingredients that give it no flavor. I expected more of a pumpkin pie taste. The 1st clue should have alerted me. I then compared it to another TOH recipe that had cloves and nutmeg and saw the problem right away. If you make it be sure to add the additional spices."