Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Muffins
You'll love these moist muffins. They're studded with cranberries, and the cream cheese filling is a nice surprise. —Jessie Apfel, Berkeley, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar and syrup until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together first seven muffin ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin and oil. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Fill 12 paper-lined or greased muffin cups one-third full. Drop filling by tablespoonfuls into center of each muffin; cover with remaining batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in muffin portion comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 268 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Chock-Full-of-Flavor Pumpkin Muffins in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018