- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop yellow food coloring, optional
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Shape into two 12-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Unwrap and cut into 1-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately make an indentation in the center of each cookie using the end of a wooden spoon handle. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Combine filling ingredients in a mixing bowl; mix well. Place 2 teaspoonfuls in the center of each cookie. Let stand until set. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCream Cheese-Filled Cookies
"These cookies are so much fun! One of my girls entered them in the county fair and got first place! We like to make them and use different colors for the cookie, cream cheese and the chocolate drizzle. For example, Red cookie, Green cream cheese filling, and White chocolate drizzle! We have also done green cookie, purple filling and black chocolate."
"Cookies flattened out and spread to 3". Followed recipe correctly, thought it might be an issue with using butter instead of margerine. I did make using more flour, but haven't baked them yet."
"These are delicious. The cookie itself is tasty, but the filling is creamy smooth and just so good!! Thanks so much for the recipe."
"Just wanted to say Thank You, I made these cookies for a holiday cookie contest at my local bank and they took first place. My family also loves them"
"[quote user="areynolds2000"]keep your "cookie-hole" shut!!! [/quote]thank you for making me laugh ... that is too funny. I was surprised that a post about a cookie recipe could cause someone to react so harshly as Miss Missy ... but then, perhaps she has a problem with cream cheese or something ... but thank you areynolds2000 for making me laugh!!!"
" WOW! That was a bit harsh Missy Stager. I bet when you were a child...oh wait, I think you still are. Maybe next time you should just keep your "cookie-hole" shut!!! "
"These cookies are SOOOO good! I will definitely be adding them to my permanent list each year! Thanks for sharing! Also, they are so easy and look elegant."
"Missy Stager, thank you for your comments. They were helpful. I was always taught that there were no stupid questions, only stupid answers. You didn't have to be so rude. Have a Merry Christmas and may God bless!Anna"
"Is patbat52 & Babcia_Pa really that stupid? 1)not enough flour to make a taste, and try them if you really want to know!2)either freeze the rolls of dough, or bake and freeze once cooled, thaw and fill when you need them."
"Wouldn't the uncooked flour in the filling taste pasty?"