- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Halved maraschino cherries or candied cherries
- In a small mixing bowl, cream shortening, cream cheese and sugar. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Top each with a cherry half. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forCream Cheese Delights
"These are so yummy! I have made them the last 3 Christmases. I top them with candied cherries. This recipe doesn't yield a large batch so I double the recipe. It turns out fine to use 1 whole egg when doubling rather than 2 egg yolks. Yum! Mine are baking right now, can't wait to get a taste!"