- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar-free or regular apricot or raspberry preserves
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese until well blended. Mix in flour. Divide dough into four sections; cover and refrigerate until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one piece of dough at a time into a 10-in. x 7-1/2-in. rectangle. Trim edges if necessary. Cut into 2-1/2-in. squares. Drop 1/4 teaspoon preserves near each end of two diagonal corners. Moisten the remaining two corners with water; fold over and press lightly.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until corners are lightly browned. Cool 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forCream Cheese Dainties
"I make these cookies every year and my family loves them"
"All you taste is the flour. Is an ingredient missing? Waste of good products using this."
"I've been making these same soft pastries for years every Xmas holiday. Is enjoyed by my family using strawberry preserve also. Try dusting with confectionary sugar after u take them out of the oven. They melt in your mouth."
"What a terrific snack for all kinds of occasions. I added all different kinds of fillings including mincemeat, chopped apples with brown sugar and even some with chocolate and drizzled frosting lightly over them. My company ate them all and wanted more!"
"These are a very nice change to the jam and thumb print cookies. They are not too sweet. I added a few sugar sprinkles on top for some "show" and they turned out fantastic. easy to make too."