- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar, egg and salt; mix well. Fold in the chocolate and peanut butter chips; set aside. For cupcakes, in a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; mix well.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full with batter. Top each with about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCream Cheese Chocolate Cupcakes
"We love these moist flavorful cupcakes! The ceam cheese centers is a great addition."
"Very tasty! Family loved these. I made mini ones."
"I have been making these, minus the peanut butter chips, for over 30 years! Always moist and gobbled up soon after they are made!"
"I have made these cupcakes several times. They are delicious. Both kids and adults enjoy."
"Its very good eatin the first day cooled."
"Forgot to tell you my recipe is to bake for 20 min. Also 1 teas of vanilla in the cupcakes."
"I have made these for over 25 years. I started making them when my kids took cupcakes to school for their birthdays. I do put a pink butter cream frosting on top. I use a star tip and cover the top. My recipe is this doubled.(without the peanut butter chips) which makes close to 30 cupcakes.My second son who lives 2550 miles away still thinks I should mail them to him for his birthday. He is 28. I also think they are best kept in the frig.Everyone raves about them."
"I make these all the time with a couple of changes that make them perfect! I use 1 1/3 c water for the cake mix. I only use the egg white for the filling which results in a much nicer consistency. By adding more water to the cake batter the topping drops further down the center of the cup cake! I will try them using both kinds of chips soon. Store in the fridge which enhances the flavor! They come out of the paper liner easily when chilled! Try these & see how fast they disappear!"
"I make this all the time, and everyone wants to know how to make it! Just made some again for Easter and shared the recipe on Facebook. It definitely is a blue ribbon recipe! Thanks, Taste of Home!"
"These are pretty much the best cupcakes I've ever tasted!"