Cream Cheese Chili Spread
Looking for something wonderful to boost the flavor of your bagel? Spread on the tasty topper concocted by Alice Guzman of Albuquerque, New Mexico. Pepped up with a little chili powder, her pleasant spread adds punch to a warm toasted bagel at breakfast, brunch or snacktime.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the green pepper, onion, chili powder, salt, cumin, garlic powder and pepper; mix well.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 63 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Chili Spread in Light & Tasty December/January 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.