Looking for something wonderful to boost the flavor of your bagel? Spread on the tasty topper concocted by Alice Guzman of Albuquerque, New Mexico. Pepped up with a little chili powder, her pleasant spread adds punch to a warm toasted bagel at breakfast, brunch or snacktime.
Recommended: 75 Winning Recipes For Your Super Bowl Potluck
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the green pepper, onion, chili powder, salt, cumin, garlic powder and pepper; mix well. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Cream Cheese Chili Spread in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p47
Reviews forCream Cheese Chili Spread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2013
"This is delicious. A great alternative to the high fat/calorie (and expensive) spreads in bagel shops. Will be making again."