- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint or almond extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- Granulated or colored sugar, optional
- Mix cream cheese and extract until blended. Beat in 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar. Knead in remaining confectioners' sugar.
- Shape into 1/2-in. balls. If desired, roll in sugar. Place on waxed paper. Flatten with a fork. Let stand until firm, 1-2 hours. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews forCream Cheese Candies
"We make these every year. This recipe is our go to!"
"this is the recipe we have used for years...graduations, weddings etc. Nicest part is can be made a couple weeks ahead of need. Many flavors..anise for licorice, to many garden herb flavors as well as the traditional vanilla, peppermint, orange. My trick is to take a box of JELLO BRAND flavor you want and spin it to the finest powder, add alittle bit at a time to your sugars. I use this for frostings, etc other flavorings. Smells and taste like AWESOME. Then you don't have to have a special extract. Just a teaspoon of powder. I keep these in 8 oz canning jars or glass spice jars."
"THREE ounces cream cheese"? Is that correct ?"
"easy and better than you can buy at a store. Shared some with friends and they really liked them too. Thanks for sharing."
"I thought the flavor of these were really good, but no matter how much powdered sugar I added, they never got thick enough to be shaped. It was just a mess. Disappointing."
"Not very happy with this recipe. All you can taste is the powdered sugar. I will not make it again."
"These are so easy to make and are delicious. They are also pretty to put on the table during the holidays. I am constantly asked for the recipe!"
"Not only did I make the mint ones, I made another batch and used strawberry flavoring and red food coloring as another option. They were really good."