- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup instant hot cocoa mix*
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and milk until fluffy; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, hot cocoa mix and remaining sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts; pour half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread with the cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl the cream cheese. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCream Cheese Brownies
"I love this recipe. It won best of show at state fair. I like to add coconut to the cream cheese mix for added flavor. Very easy to put together."
"Like mentioned before, I added a bit of cocoa powder to the mix to off set the sweetness of the hot cocoa mix. Also used reduced fat cream cheese with great results. Heavenly."
"these are really good brownies with lots of cream cheese in them. I did use one fat free cream cheese and one regular and turned out fine. I also used my home -ade cocoa mix for the instant and it was fine. my family liked them and said to keep the recipe."