Cream Cheese Bran Muffins
These are really good and so moist. The cream cheese center eliminates the need to add butter to the muffin. —Jeannette Mack, Rushville, New York
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup All-Bran
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package (16.6 ounces) date quick bread mix
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and milk; let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream and egg. Stir in bread mix just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about three-fourths full. Cut cream cheese into 12 cubes; gently press one cube into the center of each muffin cup just until covered with batter (cups will be full).
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 241 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Dairyland Date Muffins in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.