Cream Cheese Bells Recipe
Since I was raised on a dairy farm, the ingredients in this recipe suit me fine! These delicious cookies freeze well, although most of them get gobbled up before I have a chance to get them in the freezer.
- 7 tablespoons butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups ground pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (no substitutes), melted
- 1 egg white
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and cream cheese. Beat in egg yolks. Gradually add the flour. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigerator about 1 hour before rolling.
- 2. For filling, combine the nuts, sugar, butter and egg white; set aside. Divide dough into fourths. On a floured surface, roll out each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-3/4-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Place 1 teaspoon filling in center of each circle. Shape into a cone by folding edges of dough to meet over filling. Moisten edges with water and pinch edges together.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
2 each: 203 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cream Cheese Bells
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC