Cream Cheese Bells
Since I was raised on a dairy farm, the ingredients in this recipe suit me fine! These delicious cookies freeze well, although most of them get gobbled up before I have a chance to get them in the freezer.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups ground pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks. Gradually add the flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigerator about 1 hour before rolling.
- For filling, in a small bowl, combine the nuts, sugar, butter and egg white; set aside. Divide dough into fourths. On a floured surface, roll out each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-3/4-in. round cookie cutter.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Place 1 teaspoon filling in center of each circle. Shape into a cone by folding edges of dough to meet over filling. Moisten edges with water and pinch edges together.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Sprinkle cooled cookies with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 203 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.