- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the beef, sausage, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, basil, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Spread 1 cup sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles. Drop a third of the cream cheese by teaspoonfuls over the top. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella and 2/3 cup each of Parmesan and Swiss; spoon a third of the remaining sauce over the top. Repeat layers of noodles, cheeses and sauce twice (dish will be full). Place dish on a baking sheet.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCream Cheese and Swiss Lasagna
"This was a pretty good lasagna! I think I overcooked it a bit since the noodles came out mushier than I like. Next time I'll definitely keep the lasagna in the oven for less time. I did two layers were I dropped spoonfuls of cream cheese and one layer were I smeared it. I liked it smeared more, then you don't get a huge glob of it in one bite. I also feel like it could have benefitted from another vegetable... maybe some chopped green pepper? I did cut this recipe in half and used an 8x8 pan, which worked well. Next time I might even cut it into a quarter. Overall a decent recipes which needs a few tweaks."
"This lasagna is awesome!! We love how the flavors come together!! We added chopped green peppers and mushrooms to it. Anything with cream cheese in it makes for a tasty dish!!"
"I was really hoping my husband would hate this..it was time consuming and I remember saying..don't like this.. Told me it was the best he ever had!! Worked great for lunches the next few days as well. Note: I'm a vegetarian so I made one for myself..altered it ..maybe that's why it was so time consuming. Will make this again and again... Thanks for sharing a fabulous recipe. I will think of you when I make it over and over..guess what's for dinner tonight :)"
"This is my favorite lasagna recipe! It is so decadent that I make it only for Christmas Eve. I usually make 2 of these; one as written and another one a vegetarian version. To make a vegetarian version, I substitute two packages of mushrooms, a chopped carrot and one container of frozen spinach (thawed and drained). I saute the mushrooms with the onions and carrots until most of the moister is evaporated. I also add 1/2 tsp fennel seeds to the sauce because that is what I like about the Italian sausage."
"Made this with gluten free pasta and absolutely loved it. I was skeptical at first about the cream cheese and the swiss, but what a hit!"
"I modified this recipe using mushrooms instead of the meat to make it vegetarian. The different cheeses make it an excellent variation of your typical lasagna."
"Absolutely loved this recipe. I used Johnsonville sweet italian sausage and added a few slices of provolone. To die for!"
"my husband and all our friends beg me to make this!!!!"
"This is delicious! It's also easier than my usual lasagna. I will make this often."
"My husband and I both loved this lasagne. This is "our" lasagne recipe now.It is very rich, so you can't eat too much at a time, but with a nice side salad it is perfect."