Cream and Wild Rice Soup Recipe
I used to make this soup on the evening when we would pick out our Christmas tree. But my husband enjoys it so much, I now make it throughout the year. —Tammy Bailey, Hastings, Minnesota
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- Pinch white pepper
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1. Prepare rice mix according to package directions.
- 2. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, mace and white pepper until blended. Gradually stir in the broth, cream, wine and cooked rice. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 157 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 433mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Cream and Wild Rice Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC