Cream and Wild Rice Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- Pinch white pepper
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, mace and white pepper until blended. Gradually stir in the broth, cream, wine and cooked rice. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 157 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 433mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 22, 2011
The first time I didn't have the rice mix, so cooked my own wild rice and brown rice. Neither did I have wine, so I added a chicken boullion cube. It was good. The second time I added a can of chicken, which made it heartier.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.