Cream and Wild Rice Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- Pinch white pepper
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, mace and white pepper until blended. Gradually stir in the broth, cream, wine and cooked rice. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 157 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 433mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 22, 2011
The first time I didn't have the rice mix, so cooked my own wild rice and brown rice. Neither did I have wine, so I added a chicken boullion cube. It was good. The second time I added a can of chicken, which made it heartier.