Crazy Quilt Salad Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Place the first seven ingredients in a large bowl. Combine dressing ingredients. Pour over bean mixture; toss gently.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 cup: 119 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 476mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Crazy Quilt Salad
"This is sure better than the canned kind you see in the grocery store. It has a fresh taste."
"I have been making this recipe for years now - we love it and it's always a favorite at potlucks. I've been asked for the recipe many times. A winner!"
"easy to make and excellent tasting."