Crazy Quilt Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place the first seven ingredients in a large bowl. Combine dressing ingredients. Pour over bean mixture; toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 119 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 476mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 25, 2017
This is sure better than the canned kind you see in the grocery store. It has a fresh taste.
Oct 25, 2010
I have been making this recipe for years now - we love it and it's always a favorite at potlucks. I've been asked for the recipe many times. A winner!
Jun 30, 2008
Easy to make and excellent tasting.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.