- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place the first seven ingredients in a large bowl. Combine dressing ingredients. Pour over bean mixture; toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forCrazy Quilt Salad
"This is sure better than the canned kind you see in the grocery store. It has a fresh taste."
"I have been making this recipe for years now - we love it and it's always a favorite at potlucks. I've been asked for the recipe many times. A winner!"
"easy to make and excellent tasting."