Crazy-Crust Sausage Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, green pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, milk, eggs and salt. Grease a 14-in. pizza pan; sprinkle with cornmeal. Pour batter into pan, tilting to cover. Spoon sausage mixture over batter; sprinkle with oregano and pepper.
- Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread with pizza sauce; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until sauce is heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 267 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 869mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 12, 2012
This was a delicious recipe and much different from usual pizza crust.
Jul 7, 2009
This is really good! And fun!Next time I will not add the salt. I did add Italian seasoning,onion and garlic powder to the crust dough. And, I will pre-bake the crust before adding the meat - the center of crust was not done enough for me.