Crazy Corn Recipe
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons assorted colored sprinkles or colored sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Place popcorn in a large bowl. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine corn syrup and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 30-45 seconds; stir. Pour over popcorn; stir to coat. Immediately add colored sprinkles, sugar and cinnamon; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans; let stand for 1 hour or until dry. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 quarts.
1 cup: 143 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Crazy Corn
"A fun, easy, and quick snack. The ingredients are things that I have on hand at the house so its so easy to make a batch. It reminds me of kettle korn but the colored sugar adds the right amount of sweet. Like the previous comment, I was a little hesitant about the cinnamon, but it is the perfect amount. This would be fun to vary the colors for different holidays and occasions."
"I have made this snack several times. My daughters love it and it is fun to vary the sprinkles according to the nearest holiday. I am not usually a big fan of cinnamon but adding the 1/8 teaspoon is just the right amount and it smells great."