- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil, divided
- 1 to 2 medium jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup crawfish tail meat, cooked
- In a skillet, saute onion and green pepper in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in jalapenos; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk and remaining oil; stir into the dry ingredients just until blended. Stir in the corn, cheese, green onions, crawfish and reserved jalapeno mixture. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into squares. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forCrawfish Corn Bread
"Very good. Have made this over the years, but lost recipe. Thanks"
"This is very good. I have also had crawfsh stuffing. Does anyone have a recipe for this?"
"Very good! This bread is a real conversation-maker. The first time people taste it, they want to know the "secret" flavor."