- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pound chopped cooked crawfish tail meat or shrimp
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup bread flour
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, crawfish, onions, butter, salt and cayenne. Stir in flour until blended.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish if desired and pepper sauce. Serve with beignets. Yield: about 2 dozen (3/4 cup sauce).
Reviews forCrawfish Beignets with Cajun Dipping Sauce
"Do you have to use bread flour?"
"i have already made this recipe , and will do it again and again"
"I made these tonight and they were just missing something in the taste to me. Hubby didn't like them and I was just hmmm. I may try again with shrimp and adjust some seasonings."
"you can find frozen crawfish in the frozen seafood isle of your store, if the fresh fish area doesn't have it. no need to clean all those crawfish!"
"These were amazing. I really should have doubled the recipe, because these were gone in minutes. I used 3/4 teaspoon of horseradish in the sauce and 1/2 teaspoon of hot sauce. I used crawfish, but I think I will try them with shrimp next time as it was time consuming cleaning all those crawfish.Overall really easy recipe to make and really yummy. I wonder how these would be if I used crab or lobster?"
"Amazing. We used shimp that we bought precooked."
"These were awesome! I would totally make these again!"
"I made two batches of these Beignets and took them to a Mardi Gras party. They were all gone in about 10 minutes, eaten by those who were standing by the counter when I brought in the plate. They did not want to share with others! Go ahead ann adjust the "heat" with the horseradish and pepper sauce."
"Could not find crawfish. Used shrimp that my husband boiled. Could not fry these fast enough for my company. They LOVED them. Had to make them again the next day. This is one recipe my husband said to keep."