Cranbrosia Gelatin Mold
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely ground
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine cranberries and sugar. Let stand for 30 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Drain juice from oranges and pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice. Cup pineapple into small pieces. Set fruit aside.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over reserved juice; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Add to cranberry mixture; stir in the oranges and pineapple. Fold in sour cream.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into fruit mixture. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold or 12 individual molds lightly coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set. Unmold before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 215 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 19, 2017
It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without this!! It has been a part of Thanksgiving for over 50 years! Everyone loves this gelatin salad. Try it once and you will be hooked. You will fight over who gets any leftovers ! This is a winner. Make some and see for yourself.
Nov 6, 2008
try with strawberries
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.