- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup medium pearl barley
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a saucepan, combine wild rice and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in barley, currants and butter. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, covered, until wild rice and barley are tender, 50-60 minutes. Stir in almonds and cranberries. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Wild Rice Pilaf
"This was a very simple and delicious recipe! We omitted the barley to make gluten-free. It was a nice addition to our Thanksgiving meal as we don't usually have rice! Will make more often!"
"Good idea with the combination of flavors, but this was an epic fail. The rice never got done! If we make this again, we will FULLY cook the rice separately on the cook top before mixing it with the other ingredients."
"Only con is the length of time is takes to make...pro is that the oven does that work though ;) I make this a lot, especially when we have salmon for dinner. It's delicious!"
"Well, I liked it but not most of my family."