Cranberry Wild Rice Dressing
Rice dressing is a tasty twist to a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Cranberry sauce adds festive color and a touch of sweetness.
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Stir in cranberry sauce.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. If dressing is stuffed into poultry, bake until a thermometer reads 180° for poultry and 165° for dressing.