Nuts are a wonderful source of protein and nutrition so I look for ways to add them to all of my dishes. The addition of cranberries in this recipe makes it perfect for fall.—Dawn Bryant, Thedford, Nebraska
Recommended: 39 Amazing Ways to Love Whole Grains
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes or until rice is tender.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, cranberries and thyme in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain rice if needed; stir in onion mixture and pine nuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Wild Rice in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p123
Reviews forCranberry Wild Rice
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2011
"I love the flavors in this dish. I made it with a wild rice blend rather than just wild rice."
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2010
"\yes for it was great"