I tinkered with the ingredients in this sangria until it was perfect. It's also good with peach, apple or cherry wine and vodka. —Patti Leake, Columbia, Missouri
Recommended: 25 Days of Christmas Cocktails (and Mocktails!)
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 bottles (750 milliliters each) sweet white wine
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) cranberry wine or 3-1/4 cups cranberry juice
- Ice cubes
- 6 cups cold pineapple soda
- In a large pitcher, combine the first six ingredients; let stand 30 minutes. Stir in wines. Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes or until cold.
- To serve, fill each glass halfway with ice; add 1/2 cup wine mixture. Top each with 1/4 cup pineapple soda. Yield: 24 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Cranberry White Sangria in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p14