I tinkered with the ingredients in this sangria until it was perfect. It's also good with peach, apple or cherry wine and vodka. —Patti Leake, Columbia, Missouri
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 bottles (750 milliliters each) sweet white wine
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) cranberry wine or 3-1/4 cups cranberry juice
- Ice cubes
- 6 cups cold pineapple soda
- In a large pitcher, combine the first six ingredients; let stand 30 minutes. Stir in wines. Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes or until cold.
- To serve, fill each glass halfway with ice; add 1/2 cup wine mixture. Top each with 1/4 cup pineapple soda. Yield: 24 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Cranberry White Sangria in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p14