- 1 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Line a 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, bring sugar, sour cream and remaining butter to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage), about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the chips, marshmallow creme and vanilla until smooth. Fold in walnuts and cranberries. Pour into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature. When cool, lift fudge out of pan and remove foil. Cut into squares. Refrigerate in an airtight container. Yield: 3 pounds.
Reviews forCranberry Walnut White Fudge
"I made it exactly as described and it's delicious! Amazing, even. I do hope it sets a bit more overnight, as it's just a tad loose."
"I've made this the last 3 yrs, although it is really rich, it gets excellent compliments. It also is moist, great for sending to troops overseas."
"I regret wasting all the ingredients it took to try this recipe. I tossed the whole thing in the trash. I followed instructions even used candy thermometer, but didn't set up. Something is seriously wrong with this recipe. I took a chance on this recipe and lost."
"Made this last Christmas using our local Black Walnuts. Guests raved over it. Doing it again this year."
"minus the Walnuts, this is the best white fudge Ive ever had!!"
"Tastes wonderful. Looks just like the picture.I made it for Christmas gifts and everyone loved it."
"BTW: This recipe makes TWO 8-in square pans or ONE 9X12-in rectangular pan. Cut into one inch by one inch squares for a total of about 80 pieces. If you make this entire recipe in one 8" sq pan then you will end up with twelve 2" X3" X4" pieces."
"Absolutley wonderful fudge. It's soft, fluffy, and so tastey! It reminds me of divinity fudge but a slightly sour taste due to the sour cream. It left a funny after taste but otherwise was fantastic. The presentation of this fudge is beautiful. Looks just like the picture."
"This fudge is amazing! After making it one year for Christmas I had several people request the recipe. It looks festive too."
"This recipe is delicious. I make it every year for our Christmas Fair. I highly recommend it."