Cranberry-Walnut Upside-Down Apple Pie
No one will ever guess this gooey treat wasn't made from scratch. The foil pie pan makes it easy to transfer the pie to a serving plate for a company-worthy presentation.—Susan Scarborough, Fernandina Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep: 70 min. + cooling Broil: 5 min.
- 1 package (37 ounces) frozen apple pie
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- Vanilla ice cream
- Bake pie according to package directions. Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes or until warm.
- Invert pie onto an ovenproof serving plate or foil-lined baking pan. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add the brown sugar, cream and syrup; cook and stir until smooth. Stir in the cranberries, walnuts and rosemary; pour over inverted pie.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until bubbly and walnuts begin to brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 481 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry-Apple Walnut Upside Down Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012