- TART SHELL:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tablespoon water, optional
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. With a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles very coarse crumbs. Add egg and stir lightly with fork just until mixture forms a ball, adding the water if necessary. Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Grease a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Press chilled pastry into the bottom and up the sides of pan. Line pastry shell with foil; fill with pie weights, raw rice or beans to prevent shrinkage. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Remove weights and bake another 5 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, for filling, combine sugar, syrup, eggs, butter and peel in a large bowl; set aside. Place walnuts and cranberries in bottom of tart; pour sugar mixture into pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden, edge of filling is firm and center is almost set. Cool on wire rack. Chill until serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Walnut Tart
"I substituted pecans for walnuts and the true taste of autumn still came through!!"
"I am also looking for the recipe for Cranberry Walnut Tart. It was featured in the Oct/Nov 2007 issue of Taste of Home Magazine. Holiday baking Contest.sassywel3"
"I am looking for the other Cranberry Walnut Tart recipe with a crust on top in the Taste of HOme Magazine"