Cranberry-Walnut Oatmeal Recipe
My family loves cranberries but we can only get them fresh during the holiday season. This recipe lets us enjoy the tartness of cranberry with the comfort of oatmeal all-year long. —Teena Petrus, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Stir in oats. Cook 1 minute over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Remove from heat; stir in sugar and vanilla. Top servings with cinnamon-sugar, cranberry sauce and walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 293 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry-Walnut Oatmeal
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC