Cranberry Walnut Cookies
When I brought these cookies in for the holiday open house at work, they simply disappeared-150 dozen of them!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add orange juice concentrate, orange zest and vanilla. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries and walnuts. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 219 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Walnut Cookies in Country Woman Christmas 2004