- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add walnuts and cranberries. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Reviews forCranberry Walnut Bread
"I made this bread last weekend for 10 breakfast guests and they all loved it. Two guests asked for the recipe. I have made this bread for Thanksgiving morning toast and the bread goes wonderfully for turkey sandwiches. I'm about to make it again for my hosts this weekend. I have always had nice results with any recipe I've used from Taste of Home!!!!"
"Fantastic bread. I needed to add extra liquid as well. Hubby loves it! I sub pecans for walnuts. Makes great toast."
"The first time I made this was in my bread machine. Had to add extra liquid as dough was way too stiff. Turned out delicious. I also add a tablespoon of orange zest. I now double the recipe and make in my kitchen aid mixer and proceed as with any bread dough. One loaf just isn't enough. My husband loves it."