Cranberry Walnut Bars
This recipe was given to me by a friend. My family enjoys these bars as is or topped with ice cream.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 127 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Walnut Bars in Country Extra September 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.