Cranberry Upside-Down Cakes Recipe
If you forget to remove the cakes from the custard cups after cooling for 5 minutes, warm the desserts in the microwave for a short time for an easy release. Do not freeze.
- 1 package (9 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cold water, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into 6 pieces
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 6 tablespoons whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a small mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, egg and 1/4 cup cold water. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add the remaining water; beat 2 minutes longer. Set aside.
- 2. Generously grease six 6-oz. custard cups; place a piece of butter in each cup. Combine the brown sugar, walnuts and coconut; sprinkle into cups. Spread each with cranberry sauce; top with cake batter. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before inverting onto dessert plates. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 375 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Upside-Down Cakes
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC