- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add water to juice to measure 1-1/4 cups; set aside.
- Pour butter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar, cranberries and walnuts. Top with pineapple.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, eggs, oil and reserved pineapple juice. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a large serving platter (top will have an uneven appearance). Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Upside Down Cake
"I have been making this for about a year now. I got the recipe from the magazine, and it is a wonderful Autumn/ Winter recipe. I made it for family get- togethers and it is always received warmly. The only change I have made is I used pecans instead of walnuts (I didn't have walnuts). We would like it either way.Thanks for submitting...I'm actually making it for dinner tomorrow!"