Cranberry Turkey Stir-fry
"Soy sauce and cranberry sauce team up to give this pretty turkey stir-fry a sweet and savory flavor," notes Gwendolyn Roux of Oceanside, California.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 2 cups uncooked turkey breast strips
- 2 cups julienned zucchini
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts
- 1 can (8 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry garlic in oil for 30 seconds. Add carrots; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add turkey, zucchini and bean sprouts; stir-fry 3 minutes longer. Combine cranberry sauce, apple juice, soy sauce and vinegar; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly and turkey juices run clear. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 530 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 696mg sodium, 83g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1 vegetable.
Mar 10, 2013
I found the vinegar taste in this recipe to be too strong and the cranberry too light. If I make it again, I would cut back the vinegar and probably add more cranberry sauce.