Cranberry Turkey Salad Recipe
This recipe is most treasured because it's from my husband's grandmother. A savory turkey salad is cleverly topped with cranberry-raspberry gelatin for an eye-catching dish. —Kim Kirven, Wadsworth, Ohio
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped, optional
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve lemon gelatin in 1 cup of boiling water; refrigerate for 1 hour or until slightly thickened. Beat for 1 minute on high speed. Stir in turkey, celery, cheese, almonds, eggs if desired, Miracle Whip, cream, salt and onion salt. Spread evenly into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- 2. Dissolve the raspberry gelatin in remaining boiling water; stir in cranberry sauce until melted and blended. Spoon over turkey mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Cut into squares. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 379 calories, 27g fat (8g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Turkey Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC