Cranberry Turkey Cutlets
"When our son-in-law brought home some wild turkey, we turned to this recipe," recalls Marguerite Shaeffer of Sewell, New Jersey. "He took care of the grilling while I made the sauce, and we all enjoyed this healthy entree."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 turkey cutlets (1/2-inch thick and 4 ounces each )
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil for about 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the cranberries, orange juice and vinegar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until sauce begins to thicken. Set aside.
- Sprinkle turkey cutlets with salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat using a drip pan.
- Place turkey over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Top each cutlet with some of the cranberry sauce; grill 1-2 minutes longer. Serve with remaining cranberry sauce.