Cranberry Turkey Burgers with Arugula Salad
These healthy burgers taste like the holidays in just one bite. They're a little sweet, a little savory and delicious over a bed of bright arugula. —Nicole Stevens, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup gluten-free soft bread crumbs
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons pepper jelly
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 375°. Combine first 10 ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties; transfer to a greased baking sheet. Bake until no longer pink, 10-12 minutes. Heat broiler; broil until a thermometer inserted in burgers reads 165°, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss arugula with oil. Drizzle with honey; toss to combine. Top salad with turkey burgers.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 burger with 1 cup salad: 281 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cranberry Turkey Burgers with Arugula Sald in Taste of Home December 2017