- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce, divided
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkle walnuts into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in almond extract. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Spread half of the batter over walnuts. Top with half of the cranberry sauce. Repeat layers. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Swirl Coffee Cake
"This is my favorite take to anything cake."
"Delicious and very easy! An excellent way to use up leftover cranberry sauce!"
"I added two tablespoons of poppy seeds to the batter. It was really delicious!! easy too."