Cranberry Sweet Potato Bread
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- Toss cranberries with 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, spices, baking soda and remaining all-purpose flour. In another bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, eggs, oil and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Transfer to an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 192 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Nov 20, 2012
Very easy to make. Very good. Will make mini loafs to give at Christmas.
Nov 10, 2011
So good!!! Needs more cranberries though. Hard to believe it's healthy!
Nov 6, 2011
I;ve made a version of this recipe every year and my kids love it. Highy recommend but I aso changed the flour to whole wheat and the texture was even nicer.
Dec 2, 2010
First time I made this, I followed the recipe and it was amazing. Second time I made this, I substituted the canned sweet potato for canned pumpkin. YUMO!!
Nov 13, 2010
Very nice taste and texture! The only change I made was to use all-purpose flour in place of the whole wheat flour...as much as I love whole wheat yeast breads, I don't care for it in sweet breads.
Nov 6, 2010
Sounds delicious! Any tips on making it gluten-free?
Sep 18, 2010
I'M ALLERGIC TO WHEAT AND WAS WONDERING IF I CAN JUST USE REG. FLOUR INSTEAD? THANKS
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.