A moist cornbread-cranberry stuffing complements these tender chops from Loree Reininger of Polk City, Florida. The recipe can easily be doubled for company.
Recommended: 50 Cranberry Recipes That'll Brighten Up Your Plate
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup corn bread stuffing mix
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons red currant jelly, warmed
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion, pecans and garlic in butter until onion is tender. Stir in the stuffing mix, cranberries and water. Remove from the heat.
- Carefully cut a pocket in each pork chop; stuff with cranberry mixture. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 22-28 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Brush with jelly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Stuffed Pork Chops in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p44