Cranberry-Stuffed Crown Roast of Pork
This is my favorite party roast - everyone just loves it! It makes such a statement when you place it on the table, and the flavor is incredible.
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork crown roast (12 ribs and 7 pounds)
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- CRANBERRY GRAVY:
- 1 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- Combine sugar, thyme and pepper; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Cover ends with foil. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine bread cubes and broth. Stir in the long grain rice, wild rice, cranberries, parsley, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, poultry seasoning, pepper and celery mixture.
- Carefully spoon stuffing into center of roast. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove foil from ends; cover and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Pour pan drippings and loosened browned bits into a 2-cup measuring cup; skim fat. Add enough hot water to measure 1-1/4 cups.
- In a small saucepan, combine the flour, brown sugar, marjoram, pepper and cranberry juice until blended. Gradually stir in drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove stuffing to a serving bowl and cut between ribs. Serve with gravy.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 385 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Crown Rost of Pork with Rice Stuffing in Country Woman Christmas 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.