Cranberry-Stuffed Acorn Squash
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 4 medium acorn squash
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium tart apple, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium orange, peeled and diced
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Pinch salt
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/2 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cranberries, apple, orange, brown sugar, walnuts, butter and orange zest. Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Sprinkle with salt. Stuff with cranberry mixture. Bake 25 minutes longer or until squash is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 256 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 7, 2014
I will definitely make this again. Even my husband, who is not a squash 'fan', loved it. I used dried cranberries instead of the fresh or frozen - turned out great. And the acorn squash was easier for me to cut with a knife than spaghetti squash or a pie pumpkin.
Nov 25, 2008