- 4 medium acorn squash
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium tart apple, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium orange, peeled and diced
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Pinch salt
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of 1/2 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cranberries, apple, orange, brown sugar, walnuts, butter and orange peel. Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Sprinkle with salt. Stuff with cranberry mixture. Bake 25 minutes longer or until squash is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCranberry-Stuffed Acorn Squash
"I will definitely make this again. Even my husband, who is not a squash 'fan', loved it. I used dried cranberries instead of the fresh or frozen - turned out great. And the acorn squash was easier for me to cut with a knife than spaghetti squash or a pie pumpkin."