Cranberry Spinach Salad with Bacon Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes8 servings (1 cup dressing)
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, cranberries and onion.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, whisk the lime juice, honey and mustard; stir in bacon. Microwave until warm. Serve with salad.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 153 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 30, 2014
This is delicious and so easy to make. I left out the red onions because we are not fans of them but added sliced green onions. Really tasty and felt light on a hot summer night. The second time I made it I added a sliced hard boiled egg. Very good.
Sep 26, 2014
Nice tangy sweet dressing on this easy but good spinach salad.
Jun 17, 2013
L left out the mustard, used fresh lime. Delicious. So easy. I used a pot on the stove not the microwave.